|The Discovery Museums welcomes us!|
The girls and I were excited to head to the Discovery Museums in Acton to attend their Fairyborough event this past July. It was an absolutely gorgeous day- a bright blue sky, puffy white clouds and just the hint of a breeze- a perfect one for building some fairy houses!
Enter our contest to WIN a four-pack of tickets to visit the Discovery Museums--enter now through August 31st here.
|The Fairyborough "Hardware Store"|
Tips for Attending Fairyborough at the Discovery Museum
- How long you’ll spend at Fairyborough will depend on your kids. Some children could happily spend the whole morning enjoying the Fairyborough activity but younger children may be ready to move on a little sooner. With the Discovery Museums providing even more opportunity for fun and play, there are plenty of ways to keep engaged and make this trip a worthwhile one.
- If your kids are really into fairies consider packing a picnic lunch as as they will most likely want to stay for a good long while!
- Fairy houses are intended to be built and remain at Fairyborough but there are some goodies (such as the tiny fairy books) that kids could take home with them as a memento if they wished.
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen are always good to have on hand. There is a large tent so there's shade but there are areas outside of the tent as well.
- Fairyborough is included with museum admission. Families should circle Fairyborough on their calendar but plan extra time to for play and exploration at the museums too!
- For the littles it may be best to wear them rather than use a stroller as it could be tricky to navigate the stroller around the fairy houses.
- The area where Fairborough takes place has shady and sunny spots so use sunscreen if you must!