|Ye Olde Pepper Companie turtle candy|
|The Philip's House carriage house.|
|The tour heads downtown after a visit|
at The Philips House in Salem.
|Mouth watering pie from the Flying |
Saucer Pizza Company on Washington.
|Salem Wine Imports and Milk & Honey|
Grocery are side-by-side on Church St.
|We couldn't resist bringing some |
Salem hard cider home with us,
|Salem Food Tour-goers posing |
with the Bewitched statue.
|Aroma Sanctum on Central St.|
|Scratch Kitchen's by-scratch approach|
to food will make your taste buds sing!
|Our salt tasting at Salem Spice.|
|The seared scallop and risotto tasting/|
at Brodies Seaport restaurant.
|Brodies Seaport owner Joel Votto|
chatting with the Salem Food Tour
On a Coffee Walk, with a cup of joe in hand, Karen will guide you through the scenic streets of Salem on a whirlwind 90-minute tour pointing out a variety of must-see, must-try, must-shop goodies while giving you the lay of the land for your Salem visit.
|Outstanding chocolate bread pudding|
at Brodies Seaport Restaurant
Tips for Taking a Salem Food Tour
- Arrive with an empty stomach.
- Enjoy the company of making new friends—nothing brings people together like good food!
- As much of the tour is walking outdoors, wear comfortable and sensible shoes for navigating Salem’s cobble-stoned streets and dress for the weather (breezy near the water, sunscreen)
- Register in advance on the Salem Food Tours website. Karen will email you a confirmation with details about where your tour will meet, parking info, where your tour will end, and other helpful info.
- Tours are 21+ events since wine may be served on the tour.
- Tours are offered rain or shine. Don’t let a little rain deter you, just bring an umbrella.
- Bring extra money for goodies. Your tour ticket covers the cost of all the food samples on the tour. You are not required to buy anything from the retail shops on your tour but we couldn’t resist buying their wares and you probably won’t be able to either.
- Tours last about 3.5 hours but Karen advises it’s helpful to keep the end-time flexible in case we take extra time at a given stop. Our tour lasted nearly 4 hours and the time flew by!
- If you are short on time or prefer an abbreviated tour, consider Salem Food Tours’ 90-minute Coffee Walk to give you a survey of Salem’s culinary hot spots and must-shops to inspire your visit.
- Remember, it’s kind and customary to tip your tour guide.