|The Pumpkins on the Pier marquis|
arching over the pier welcomed us.
The Pumpkins on the Pier celebration in Milford, CT is one of our very favorite events of the fall season!
Look for the 2016 Pumpkins on the Pier event to take place Saturday, October 8th, 2016. DetailsFull details can be found here at New England Fall Events.
You can also find the full schedule of events at this link.
Walnut Beach's long pier stretched
out into Long Island Sound
|A PYO pumpkin patch set the |
scene in front of the pavilion
|Pumpkin carving demonstrations|
|Even the mayoral candidates couldn't|
resist the pumpkin pie eating contest!
|Each pumpkin display was more|
creative than the last!
|These expressive pumpkins were crowd favorites|
|The Snow White and the Seven Dwarf characters on display|
|Some pumpkins incorporated props|
This was a destination event for us and it was absolutely worth the trip! You can't beat the scenic setting or the wonderful fundraising purpose. A great time was had by all.
Click for details.
Pumpkins on the Pier Festival Tips:
- Although the admission is free, this is a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Milford so anything “extra” that you buy (picking a pumpkin at the patch, etc.) is going to support a great organization for this community.
- Cash is the name of the game, as usual.
- Although there is parking near the festival, it’s a well-attended event so if you arrive later like we did, you might be parking a 10-minute walk away.
- A light jacket or sweatshirt could come in handy as it was much windier down by the pier.
Pumpkins on the Pier Festival Family Tips:
- Bring cash. There are tons of kids activities that are extras—bounce houses, face painting, mini-golf.
- They’re affordable and you won’t mind springing for the extras as they’re all part of the fundraiser.
- Visit their schedule of events so you can make sure to be there in time for any special highlights—kids costume parade, roller derby demos, and others.
- The pavilion provides plenty of shade and it’s a great place for the pumpkin carving and crafts.
- We saw some food trucks but I’m not sure whether it will sustain your little ones.
- Stroller friendly around the festivities including the walk on the pier.
- If you have questions or need something, the plentiful number of volunteers were easy to spot with their bright orange shirts.