Visit the 2016 Red Fire Farm Tomato Festival on Saturday, August 27th, 2016. Click for details.
|L to R: Red Fire Farm in Granby, MA, Vegetables for sale at the farm stand, Lines for vendors and food.|
The festival ran from noon until 6 p.m. and admission was $5.00 (kids under 10 are free). With your five bucks you are treated to unfettered access to the festival, including the tomato tasting, guest chef tent, workshops, kids games and of course the farm stand. The only things that will cost you extra are things you may wish to purchase, like lunch or something from the farm stand or other vendors.
|L to R: The line for the tasting, Sign for the vegetable "freak show", Unusually shaped vegetables on display for amusement|
|Dozens of tomato varieties to sample|
|L to R: Farm fresh vegetables on the grill, Red Fire Farm property, Handmade dresses for sale.|
- This event is held rain or shine, so bring hats, shades, sunscreen, umbrellas or raincoats, depending on the forecast. There are some indoor areas as well as vendor tents, but essentially this is an outdoor event.
- If you or a member of your party is mobility-challenged, ask one of the parking attendants for assistance. There are a limited number of spaces that may be available for you to park closer to the event or if not, they may be able to facilitate drop off/pick-up.
- Parking was free but depending on which lot you find space in you may have a bit of a hike to get to the farm. Fear not though, there was plenty of vehicular turnover so a bit of perseverance should get you into one of the closer parking areas.
- Comfort stations are available in the form of porta-potties. There appeared to be an ample number of them as we didn't see any lines of people waiting to get in. However, as there is no running water, you may wish to bring some pre-packaged moist towelettes for your hands.
- Admission is paid "at the door" (no advance ticket sales). However, if you are a Red Fire Farm CSA or Farmstand Member, you get two free admissions to the festival per share/membership.
- Many vendors take credit cards as well as cash and there is an ATM in the farm stand.