|The quad at Bridgewater State University was the ideal|
place to host a festival of this size and popularity.
The 2016 Autumn-fest will take place this year on Saturday, September 24th, 2015 10:00am - 4:00pm. Click for this year's details.
The focus of the BBA goes well beyond business networking and professional support to play a meaningful role in lifting up the Bridgewater community through its Assistance Fund. If there is a local family in need or enduring a difficult situation, the Assistance Fund contributes to mounting heating bills or stocking the cupboards. In less than a decade the Bridgewater Business Association’s Assistance Fund has distributed over $75,000 to local families.
|The shady section near the food vendors was a perfect|
area for sitting down to enjoy your bite to eat.
|D's Lectables home-baked coffee cake|
|The K-9 Demo drew a big crowd|
|Ceramic painting at Autumn-fest|
|Burmese Python at Joe's|
|A sweetly swaddled bunny |
from Barn Babies
|Take a train ride around the campus|
- Although many of the craft vendors selling their wares accepted plastic, many were only set up for cash. Cash will come in handy for everything here from the dollar here or there for extras like Barn Babies or riding the train to buying tasty treats. It's a short walk to the town center where you can find an ATM but you'll be glad to plan ahead.
- Parking is around the area but many lots are marked off for University parking permit holders so be patient when searching for a spot.
- The beverages were being sold at the the BBA booth near the food vendors but was not available for sale at the food trucks. You'll need to stand in a second line if you want a drink to go with your burger. If you can, divide and conquer.
- Leave yourself a few hours, especially if you are there with kids. There are no lack of activities with strong kid-appeal so plan to spend your day in the sunshine.
- If gluten allergies are a concern in your family, consider packing a snack. I did see a baker selling gorgeous gluten-free treats and BBQ is usually gluten-free, you'll have peace of mind if you come prepared with allergy-safe food.