|Verrill Farm's wide open space left|
plenty of room to play and roam
and never left us feeling crowded
|Tanglewood Marionettes held a captive|
audience of kids and adults alike.
|The Verrill Farm selection of heirloom|
tomatoes was a true feast for the eyes
|Hayrides throughout |
the day at Verrill Farm
- Come hungry. With plenty of fantastic BBQ to be had, you will not want to miss out.
- Bring cash—it keeps the line moving along quickly.
- Take it easy—the whole vibe of this gathering is well-organized but laid-back. Come to relax and enjoy the day.
- The Verrill Farm BBQ and Harvest Fest is a great time if you’re without kids though many of the activities are geared toward families with kids.
- Parking is easy and free. We arrived at the start of the event and snagged a spot right across from the action.
- Although there were many shady areas, places to sit under trees, the large tented area provided respite from the sun if you prefer.
- Don’t even think of leaving the event empty-handed of the beautiful produce and prepared meals from the sizable farm stand.
|Pony rides delighted the kids and|
the lines were never too long
- The manageable size of the event and the manageable crowds make for a relaxing experience for kids and parents alike.
- It’s a great place for kids to roam and play.
- Pack a picnic blanket if you wish to spread out and make a “home base.”
- As the cars are parked across the side street, it’s easy to leave things in the car and access as needed.
- The area is very stroller friendly, nearly all on grass, but some areas are a little hilly.
- Gluten-free BBQ and side options are available if that’s important to you but you’ll need to ask the chef which ones since they were not pre-marked on the menu board.